Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Years Resolutions

I have a few. I plan to work on them all with medium to low effort.






1. Read more books. Since picking up Brave New World at Becca's apartment and reading it the first weekend of the month I realized I have the capacity to read books. Yesterday I walked all afternoon while reading Slaughter House Five. Both books were excellent. I'd like to keep up the trend and read one book every weekend. I'm also reading my bible and theology books so getting behind won't hurt me too badly.

2. Learn to speak a bit of french. This is really just a ploy to hang out more with my Canadian friend Mariana. But learning other languages is really challenging (for me at least, I think for everyone). So I know I will benefit from any time spent practicing français(no, I did not copy and paste this from a translating website).

3. Call my grandpa every week, at least. I spoke with Pawpaw today and the end of our conversation went like this, "I could listen to you talk all day but I need to go, I'm tired." Ok Pawpaw, I love you very much. "I love you very much too...long pause....I'm crying. Can you tell? Thank you for calling me. I miss you. Bye." He always asks me when I'm going to come visit him.

4. Try hard at stuff. I haven't exerted myself in sports since high school. The other day I ran 4 miles. I think I remember now why I like trying hard at stuff. So maybe this soccer season will be better for me.

5. Get better at spanish. I think I am getting better.

2 comments:

Kelli Lambert Real Estate said...

I love this post. I think my favorite part is the cutie picture with the matching ribbons. You have a lot of new years resolutions. My favorites are the book and grandpa ones. Keep us updated on how they go.

lovey- Kelli

Unknown said...

Ah, i LOVE Brave New World. Have you read 1984? and Fahrenheit 451?
Oh, and now I love your grandpa too. Very cool resolutions. Keep it up!