Wednesday, January 7, 2009

La Primera Aventura

I'm enjoying being a foreigner. Today two girls blatantly stared and laughed at me as I passed them. Many of the women here wear high heels and nice outfits but my lack of femininity doesn't stop the cat-calls and whistles(not a joke). I took off after school to explore my neighborhood. I found a couple of neat shop(tiendas) and met some kids that wanted to ride my skateboard. It started to rain so I headed home but ended up in a dead end with 5 dogs barking at me. I had hoped there would be no animals in Costa Rica.
There was a slight tremor today and I went to an ice cream shop(heladeria). The people at my school are from all over the states and going all over the world, it's an absolute dream. My campus is beautiful. I climbed a tree my first day and found some flowers that remind of of Nanny(my grandma). I suppose it's too early to tell how much I will learn or enjoy my time here but it seems the Lord has provided me everything I need. I am so thankful.

No comments: